Old 11-19-2014, 05:09 PM   #89
Reaper
in orbe terrum non visi

Drives: violent
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeez View Post
You fixed the problem (po230) by ripping out the relay of the fuel pump? I don't get how this happened, like a small voltage was going through the fuel pump or something? Did the DTC go away by itself or you had to connect to an ecutek?

I fixed the problem by removing the "hardwire". Hard wiring a fuel pump ensures constant voltage and constant flow. Sometimes larger fuel pumps draw more electricity than the stock wiring can handle and that's why you do this. But in our case the fuel pumps voltage varies by a fuel pump controller. It actually spins the pump at different speeds depending on a few variables and hard wiring confused it.

I thought FBM comes with an 270 Fuel Pump??

It can. It's an option on the website. But it's technically not ethanol rated. Which means it probably has brass in it which e85 can corode. No one had reported a problem yet but the 485 Walbro is a very nice pump that is e85 rated and gives me room to grow.

What are the traction isues? You are running 15psi? Whos your tune?

My tune was done by one of the best tuners in the gtr industry who personally owns a brz. 390+wtq will spin 4th gear on the highway.

What is vaccuming, what does it do :3??

It operates the BOV and Wastegate. the bov is notoriously hard to tune on these cars do to a higher than usual vacuum. Alot of connectors and "T's" in the line can cause inconsistent vacuum which affects when the BOV opens.

I am sorry, who tuned you this time or whos the best tune you had?

Best tune I had was 440 ish whp. It was spinning on the dyno showing 425whp. Power comes on smoother and is more controllable. At 460whp and 393 wtq there was and lot more timing and the boost came on absurdly quick. Spinning 1st through 4th as soon as it spooled.
there.