View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #938
Deadpool_25

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks buddy32. However, I've read through this thread a few times (and am reading again as you suggested) but I'm not really seeing an excellent solution.

@sw20kosh and @mkivsoopra look to be using the same 25 row setrab which seems to be doing a good job in 75 degree ambient, but is still untested in 100+ degrees. I suspect it will be sufficient at those temps, but there is still the issue of it overcooling for street use.

"This oil cooler is overkill for anything but turbocharged hot summer track days. It literally has to be disconnected or blocked for regular daily driving." - sw20kosh

"It is way overkill for street though. I actually have it disconnected now, otherwise I'll be seeing 150F while cruising on the freeway. This is WITH a thermostatic sandwich plate." - mkivsoopra

I'd like something that will suit all my needs:
- daily use during normal driving
- daily use during spirited driving
- occasional canyon runs
- occasional track days in "normal" weather
- occasional track days in omgwtfhot weather (100-115F)

I'm aware though that it's sometimes tough to find a perfect solution in this hobby.

I think the PTuning oil cooler may be the best answer, as it seems to be able to handle the first four of those just fine, and will still allow a little fun even during the last one. Or maybe I'll just skip track days in AZ summers and head out to San Diego and hang out on the beach.

Thanks,
Kevin
The Following User Says Thank You to Deadpool_25 For This Useful Post:
kanundrum (06-04-2015)