Old 04-18-2019, 06:11 AM   #787
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.klingner View Post
Update on my car. After 2 months the dealership has finally narrowed the problem down to a bad direct injector seal. They are saying it was the dealership that did the short block so it is covered and Subaru has agreed to pay for everything. Still haven’t come up with why my car was low on oil but I will continue to monitor that when I get my car back and if it happens again I’ll jiat get it towed to the dealer so they can figure it out. So the end results were that I had 3-4 valve that were improperly shimmed and they had to reset the valve lash, and a bad injector seal. Between maint and labor it would have cost me almost 4K to fix if Subaru wouldn’t have picked up the tab. Hopefully this is the last time I have to deal with this kind of thing as it’s been a stressful couple months. 2 Quick question though, if the injector seal was bad shouldn’t that have shown up when they pressure tested the cylinders? If it’s not creating a seal I would expect it to be leaking when the test was performed. Also, if the valve lash is not correct could that have caused the seal to blow? Just curious about those. I will update the list with the new info.

Yes a bad DI seal would show up on a compression/leak down test.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote