View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 02:11 AM   #31
Rosso_Corsa

Drives: Audi R8 - Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ganthrithor, I think your comments very much echo mine.

Soravia, you are not missing much in terms of Cayman's shifter. It's typical Porsche. Easy to operate, medium throws, pleasant enough but nothing sensational like an S2k. The 987 gen Cayman's steering is sensationally full of feedback however. Lots of nuggety feel all throughout and you get a real sense of the tires loading up as you enter and exit corners (the BRZ steering is good, but not this good). Very very satisfying, almost as good as the Lotus Exige that I had at my disposal for a while (but not quite Lotus quality). The Lotus has the best steering in existence IMO.

Quote:
Say what? I never heard of a lifetime free oil change, the longest I ever heard prior to this was a 3 year.
In spite of the first response to my thread bashing Richmond Subaru, this is something that they actually included with the vehicle. So long as you complete all scheduled maintenance exclusively with them, they will always pay for the portion of the service that is oil related. Pretty good, I'd say, though I enjoy doing my own maintenance.

Quote:
The only bad thing is you need to get the crummy tires replaced in order to experience its phenomenal grip potential.
Given your tendency towards big power cars, I get where you're coming from but for me it's the opposite. I am really enjoying these low grip tires because they are lighter on their feet and love dancing around at lower speeds. With the big grip cars like the M3 and Corvettes, you really have to be cooking to feel like you're working the grip.

The ONLY thing I'm not enjoying so far is that kids with rusty two thousand dollar beater civics and integras are constantly trying to hassle me. In the Porsches... I never got this kind of heat. In fact, I've never even known they existed.
Rosso_Corsa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosso_Corsa For This Useful Post:
86GT (05-10-2013), Dr.Science (06-26-2013), racecaresuaceb (05-27-2013)