View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
reyruiz191

Drives: 2013 FRS Vortech Supercharged
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by congiiee View Post
Hey dude I am 20 years old and know nothing about cars and I was able to install the kit. I did it all in my garage. Just need to pick up a few tools or you can borrow them from friends. Hardest thing for me really was drilling the hole for the intercooler. Going into the project I thought the MAF was kind of scary to cut and solder but it was very easy. Just watch a few youtube tutorials prior to install. Tip: Take your time and read instructions. USE REFERENCE PHOTOS! if you have any questions about the install you can PM me.
Pretty much everything he said. With basic tools you can get the job done yourself which will save you money on having a shop do it for you. The hardest part I also encountered was drilling the holes for the intercooler bracket, it also didn't help that I didn't have the proper drill but I still managed to get it done. The most important part is just making sure you have the time you think the install will take, and even some extra time in case you run into some setbacks along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper2606 View Post
I saw your install, very nice, feeling more confident now.

Im planning on getting UEL headers,overpipe, catless pipe and q300 exhaust first, and then the SC later when i crack the 10k or 20k miles, does anybody know if i would need a different tune with the complete kit or it doesnt matter? not sure if they would charge or not to change maps
You typically will have to pay more money for a forced induction tune, so if you buy a tune while you're N/A then want to go FI you'll have to buy a new map from your tuner. If you dont plan on going FI for awhile then I would get a tune now, but if you plan on doing everything pretty soon I would just hold off on the tune until you go FI so you aren't wasting that money.