View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #24
regal

Drives: Scion FR-S/Toyota Yaris
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Great thread. Pure honesty that's what we need.

Its obvious that going FI you wanted OEM quality and reliability which is smart. I understand choosing a supercharger over a turbo kit to retain the linear throttle response. But I don't remember any OEM ever using a centrifugal supercharger, they always use a positive displacement charger so kind of surprised by your decision to go this route.

Intercoolers were developed for OEM's originally where the compression ratio was low enough to allow 15-20 psi boost. With this high compression engine and only boosting 5-7psi, an intercooler probably is a good selling point but does it really do much? Proper tuning and an efficient <+40hp supercharger without an intercooler has a lot less complexity and issues retrofitting.

If these cars keep selling in a few years there with be a simple reliable positive displacement OEM+ like kit. For now its faster than a 944 which is fine for me. I could care less that minivans and family sedans are faster in a straight line. . Good luck and thanks for taking the time to give truthful information and reinforcing my decision to wait a few years before adding FI.

Mods:
Clear fender side lights
Tactrix ZA1JB01C 2014 Calib

Last edited by regal; 07-05-2013 at 06:37 AM.
regal is offline   Reply With Quote