Old 01-11-2019, 01:54 AM   #10
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
Mine are held in with 3m double sided tape. I also painted (misted lightly) my OEM ones with just enough paint to look solid in the day, and thin enough to shine through at night. It's an old trick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealBFKR View Post
Update:

new OEM sidemarker came and it fit snug. Everything is awesome and life goes on.

Cheers.

Did the same thing for a while with 3M tape, the clips are so crappy, especially on non OEM helix sidemarkers. Bought jdm ones and a few hours before install added a little super glue to the where the tabs insert in and haven't had any issues ever. Even went through like 3-4 just as @eastendraceshop did and my last pair have lasted for the last 3 years.

Also had the same issue where it scratched the fender up when it came off, and just buffed it out:
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
Leonardo (01-11-2019)