View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
vang
Banned

Drives: 2003 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FR-S vs S2000

I currently own a 2003 Honda S2000 and love almost everything about it. However, I'm very excited about the new FR-S and have been considering selling the S when the FR-S comes out. However, I'm concerned about being sorely disappointed if the FR-S is NOT better than the S, especially because the "leaked" info is suggesting that the FR-S will not be as light-weight as we were previously led to believe (more like 2800lbs and not 2600lbs.). I'm definitely not knocking the FR-S, it's impressive that one would even cross shop a $20k+ Scion sports coupe with a $32k+ (when new) flagship Honda sports car.

More of a dilemma, would you rather spend $22-25k on a used S2000 CR or on a new FR-S?

Advantages of the CR is that: 1) it's already collector worthy with limited production numbers, 2) proven performance/chassis, 3) well established aftermarket support.

Advantages of FR-S: 1) will be newer, and 2) seats 4, well two adults and two midgets.

What are your thoughts? Worth it? The S definitely has a power advantage over the FR-S, but we don't know how the FR-S will "feel" yet. Handling and fun factor are my top priorities, and I do NOT need four seats. Just wondering if anyone would give up their S2000 for the FR-S or choose to buy an FR-S over a lightly used S2000. The DriftKing himself said that the S2000 is like a new AE86. Now that we have the real AE86 replacement, which would you choose?
vang is offline   Reply With Quote