Old 03-17-2016, 01:07 PM   #257
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,284 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
I guess I'm just offering a different spin on the car buying mentality. It might seem odd to look at which car you want based on what you have to change to get the right power, but lets assume anyone buying the car is going to mod it regardless. If you outright want a new car and don't care, buy the '17. But if you plan on modding the car for power, maybe wait and see which one responds better to tuning. If I was all about the numbers, I'd want to start with whichever car makes them easiest, wouldn't you?

People might go, "Oh, 5 extra hp/tq doesn't mean anything. They failed again." But what if that leads to an extra 20whp just because they changed the right stuff?

I dunno though. This seems like a unique way to look at it to me. I do that sometimes and people just shake their heads at me.

If they made 20 more WHP with a 5HP tweak there are a pile of tuners that have some explaining and refunding to do!

In the overall scheme of things you can have a more than a 5HP gain or loss depending on where you bought your fuel, how dirty your air filter is or even what the weather conditions outside are. In other words it means nothing to anybody other than the armchair number watchers.
Nevermore (03-17-2016), Qadthane (03-21-2016)