View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
PhastekSport

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to PhastekSport Send a message via Yahoo to PhastekSport
This has nothing to do with the thread other than that being a Vortech unit...

Just a little something to get everyone through their day.

Perrin will be getting the small pulley and map to us so there is definitely more to this story. We'll keep on pushing out numbers and media for a while.

By Thursday the vehicle will be at Texas World Speedway.

-------

3/14/2013

If you guys have the opportunity to track the FR-S/BRZ, I'd ask that you consider it! Lots of fun. I think I've found a new hobby. Yes, this was my first time EVER.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hddJJ59P9jc"]PhastekPerformance.com - Perrin Tuned Vortech Supercharged FR-S @ Texas World Speedway (TX2k13) - YouTube[/ame]

Hotchkis Lowering Springs
Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Positions (treadwear rating 280!)
Stock Brakes/Pads/Lines/Fluid

3/6 - New blowers installed Thursday.

"

For better or worse only honest numbers.

Temp: 71-75 degrees.

Winds:
Strong head wind. (err what do you call a head wind coming in at an angle? [roughly 45 degrees])

Wind Speed 7 mph
Max Wind Speed 20 mph
Max Gust Speed 25 mph

Track location:
Sealy, TX (Lonestar Motorsports Park - Hennessey)

Haven't drag raced since 2004 but these numbers were pretty consistent. Best trap speed and best ET shown.

Stock pulley on new blower. 3/4 tank of gas, some junk in the trunk, Perrin 92 map (map 3). Only have the Perrin headerback exhaust, 5zigen FN01R-C 17x8 (38 offset), and Bridgestone Pole Positions S04 - 245/40/17.

Dropping it at any RPMs it seems equals wheel hop. These runs reflect what had to be done to get no wheel hop. Any run with wheel hop was 14.3 or over.

For reference our tech's Pontiac G8 GT with cold air intake was running 13.94-14.3.

Sent from my wife using Tapatalk 2

EDIT: Found pic from 2004 @ drag strip in Fayetteville (outside Fort Bragg). That explains the haircut. We're just joking around... Obviously...

"

2nd run, no trac, wheel hop...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1tQUqK8mkkQ"]Scion FR-S Wheel Hop on Drag Strip - YouTube[/ame]

Semi Final Dyno Results

9/22 - Trying out other tunes before injectors + fuel pump and maybe e85.

Last edited by PhastekSport; 09-22-2013 at 12:18 PM.
PhastekSport is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhastekSport For This Useful Post:
mRdeMs83 (03-18-2013)