jamesm
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA20Club.com View Post
he isnt speaking about power/power i think he is speaking directly at the dyno charts that show the 28s nose dive above 6800rpms that isnt going to change. fact is the turbine wheels are slow small they cant carry power that high. i dint chooose to package the t3t4 for cost saving i chose not to choke my more up top plain and simple. the 28s should never use a anyAR smaller than .82/.84 on this motor. its to efficient and will carry power better if you arent restricting exhaust flow. one of you 28 owners should do a back pressure test to. everyone has theories but i just rely on results. ive tested enough turbos over the years to know that the gtx28 & 30 are fine but i would never use the 35. precision is great but only by application. considering the gtx series uses the same old ass turbine wheels i was using in 2002 doesnt sell me on their dominance. if you guys would realize that the overall surface area of the gtx is what provides the additional air flow because the boss for the shaft is now smaller since the wheel weight is lower and the shaft doesnt have to be as thick to support the wheel.

last month nobody thought you could road race with a 60 trim obviously Element Tuning ended that theory. its easy to see where each kit spools, just look at where the tq curves starts to flatline and youll be able to see this on any dyno chart. every turbo has its purpose but i dont think the 28s belong on this motor i would stick with the t3t4 or the gt30. we have a few more tests to do over the next couple months to give you guys more options to consider.
I think a lot of knowledgable people would argue against the point that a gtx28r doesn't belong on a 2.0l engine. If you think that, who do you offer them?
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote