View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 11:26 PM   #107
TurboBRZ

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
So tonight I took the car out a few times since it has a base tune. My wastegate has a 0.5 bar spring in it, but at max boost my gauge is only registering 5psi. I haven't gone WOT yet, but this car does make a lot more power than the stock one even without really getting on it.

The only thing bugging me is my AFR gauge - which lead me to check the mileage reading on my dash that is generated from the factory O2's. My Innovate SC2 keeps reading 7.5 or 22.4 with very little in between. If I'm not boosting it's 7.5, if I am boosting even a tiny bit it shows 22.4

So when I look at my mileage indicator and I'm still on the throttle, but very lightly - it's showing 56-114 or so mpg. Then when I'm accelerating it's bouncing around from 35-47. To me this indicates that the factory O2s are also getting a lean readout.

As the tuner has done a few of these CX kits now, including one just a week ago - and he tuned SportsGuy's car, I'm thinking his base tune is done properly but my O2s are not getting the proper readout. I'm guessing that the bungs on the downpipe are a bit too tall and thus the sensor is not getting in contact with enough exhaust gases to get a true reading. Although it seems strange since the bung I used for the wideband is the one included in the installation kit from Innovate...

Tomorrow when the engine is cool I'm going to swap the position of my wideband and the 2nd O2 sensor to see if it makes any difference on the wideband reading since the other bung is much shorter. I'm also going to hook up my Techstream to the car and do some data logging to see what the stock O2s are registering for AFR. If worse comes to worse and my tune is off a bit, SportsGuy said he'd help me out again on Thursday night at the local meetup event.

I Rebuild BRZ's for Breakfast.
TurboBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TurboBRZ For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (08-05-2015)