pessimistic skeptic

Drives: '14 FR-S Monogram AT JRSC
Thanked 1,035 Times in 684 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will BRZ View Post
I drive my car the same way. Loud downshifts when coming up to stops or on the highway to hear the car. Sending it on the freeway or clear road and take turns like I'm on the Nürburgring. I literally don't understand when I see people taking their twins like 55 mph on the right lane. An Accord would accomplish the same task, but it's not my money.

I don't mean to come off as an asshole driver or give us a bad name. I still follow important rules of the road and consider myself a courteous driver. I'll never put anyone's life at risk, but I bought a BRZ to drive it. I'm at about 42,500 miles and no issues. I'm stock and plan to keep it as long as possible. I think we'll be fine lol haven't heard anything catastrophic. I'm always 100% on top of maintenance, let it warm up properly, and overall take care of it as much as I can.
My experience is that loud downshifts give the message to other proud car owners around you to show/prove their car is faster and louder (unbelievably, even minivans). I can drive like I want when there are no other cars around. But I deal with personalities, not traffic, if I show off. The safest is to be quiet and go with the flow when there are others.
mrg666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrg666 For This Useful Post:
ElijahF (10-13-2019), Hoahao (10-14-2019), why? (09-23-2019)