View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #28
ecko04
Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Port Injectors DIY....no pics, sorry.

The driver's side is the easier side to do given you have the appropriate tool (fuel line disconnect tool COP 545) to remove the fuel lines.

Take off the black metal panel once you get the lines disconnected and moved out of the way.

I would suggest that you order some Subaru/Toyota injector gaskets and O-rings. The FIC injectors come with both gaskets and O-rings. I still replaced the gaskets with OEM gaskets but left the FIC O-rings intact.

As you pull the injectors out and disconnect their harnesses, make sure you have a pic on hand to pull out the gaskets from the old injectors. A few of mine did not come out with the injectors so I used the pic to get them out.

Then you basically put everything back in reverse order. If you're using FIC injectors, there's no spacer needed and everything fits in snugly. Make sure you clip your plug-n-play harnesses on to plug into the factory plugs.

On the passenger side things are a bit tricky. The ECU needs to come off the bracket and there is one pesky 10mm under the ECU that's a PITA to unbolt. However, once you get that guy out everything else is cake as there are no fuel lines that need to be removed on the passenger side.

Once again, reassemble everything in reverse order.

Start er up, once you have a tune calibration for the larger injectors and check for any fuel leaks. If you use new gaskets and your injectors come with new O-rings you won't have any leaks.

Make certain that as you're tightening the fuel rail that you're not over tightening it. You will know if you over tighten because the top gasket of the injectors will begin to distort. You then need to pull the fuel rail back off, align the injectors and start again. Also, if the gaskets distort, be sure that you removed any old gasket that may not have come out with the old injectors.

Also have a magnetic pickup tool on standby for any bolts that are sure to fall.

All-in-all it's roughly an hour install with the correct tools. Once you do it once that time is cut in half, but hopefully you won't need to do it again.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ecko04 For This Useful Post:
Alltezza (04-07-2016), cobrabyte (12-15-2013), GhostOp86 (08-13-2015), Rinzler_ft86 (03-09-2016)