DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,096 Times in 2,046 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTeeJ View Post
Thanks so much for the kind words, friend! I'm still not a mechanic, but I like to think I better myself with each job I try to tackle. In regard to your comment about why more people don't do this I'm really not sure. When I initially posted about the diff elsewhere I got a lot of "why?" or "X aftermarket final drive is better" comments. In my mind this is the best budget friendly final drive solution since it's an oem sealed diff ready to go.
The generation that this car forum brings in is much more about "spend your 401 on MOST EXPENSIVE QUALITY PARTS" than bang for the buck. It's outrageous how much people spend on simple builds with this platform compared to the E36; ingenuity is lost on a lot of the crowd. Why make/swap parts and have to clean them when you can buy them NEW for Youtube views and Instagram flexing?

Not that I'm bitter and poor or anything.. but I do enjoy the art of stretching a buck and swapping parts that are unintended upgrades. Nothing suits my Geo Metro better than the BRZ stock shift knob I threaded onto the uninspired gearstick.
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkPira7e For This Useful Post:
HaXx (11-20-2019), MCTeeJ (11-18-2019), new2subaru (11-18-2019)