Lynxis

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Can you get more camber up front? I bet you're not fully utilizing your front tires mid-corner-exit with that static camber, try -3.0, maybe even more.
The coils come with camber plates and I've got a set of bolts so -3 should be no problem although I'm not certain this will really fix my problem. It is my understanding that camber helps more with initial turn in than corner exit which is where I am having problems so I have my doubts that going from -2.2 to -3 is going to make a huge difference. As it was, when I went from -1 to -2.2, I didn't feel like the difference was huge although it did really help my tire wear. Either way, I am looking at increasing front end camber in the spring and I'll play around with my damping settings but I'm just not confident that it will resolve my issues alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal View Post
Yeah I would guess you are not getting everything out of the front tires and they are getting hot on the outsides (although there is only one way to know for sure: actually measure).

In addition to extra front camber I would suggest stiffer rear springs. So instead of fixing an imbalance with a big swaybar get closer to the right place with spring rates instead.
Regarding changing spring rates, obviously that is optimal but it's just not feasible for me right now. I'd either be sending my existing coils to HKS USA for revalving or buying a new set with more neutral rates and either way, I can't afford that this year.

But I can afford a sway bar or two

I think that between additional front end camber, more damping adjustments and a better sway bar setup, I can get closer to a neutral handling car without the need to resort to blowing my wad (of cash) on upgrading my coilovers. The problem is that I don't know anything about sway bars and so I am wondering what I should be looking for to address the weaknesses I have found in the car.
Lynxis is offline   Reply With Quote