jamesm
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidONE View Post
So values of 0.000 would be 100% DI, right?

Well, using the stock compensation table there was at least a +- 4~5% fuel trim variation in closed loop due to temperature in lower intake volume closed loop operation. I dialed in a maf scale at approximately 66~72f IAT's. When ran within that temp range fuel trim were below 2% in closed loop. Once the temperature gets higher the the fuel trim would change pretty proportionately to the amount of IAT increase leading me to believe the temp compensation needed to be adjusted.
Yes 0.000 is 0% port, or 100% di.

As for the temperature comp, I suppose you could split hairs trying to adjust comps beyond their factory effectiveness at every possible temperature range, but it'd be a lot of work for little to no material benefit. I've never found a need to do any of that, and my customers don't have temperature-related drivability issues that I'm aware of.

Principle of least intrusion is important. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble by minimizing the amount of opportunities you give it to arise. Only solve identifiable problems after they've been identified, in other words. The goal is better-than-stock drivability, not an arbitrary fueling error number. Just my .02.
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jamesm For This Useful Post:
arghx7 (07-20-2014), solidONE (07-19-2014), steve99 (07-19-2014)