View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 03:19 PM   #1978
VeganGirl

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceyfan View Post
First, I have a manual, so not totally comparable. Also, my set-up is very basic, which consists of mostly stock items, with Continental DWS tires and the Edelbrock Supercharger with CARB Tune.

Running in this configuration, I have had issues with a fluctuating idle since the supercharger was installed back in March. Also, when I accelerated away in first, I felt like I had to give a little extra gas to prevent bogging down and then release slightly for a split second and then get back on it again, which took a while for me to get used to.

Of course, like others, I wondered if this was a vacuum leak or a characteristic of the CARB tune. I probably should mention that I am using Shell 93 octane gas.

Recently, Neal at The Racers Line suggested I consider the Delicious tune. The first version (21.0) has completely eradicated the idle issue and the bogging down, so I assume that means the CARB tune was the issue.

I am going through fine tuning now to get it as good as we can, but even the basic Delicious tune solved my issues.

I am not saying this is a solution for those who see the idle fluctuation problems, but it worked for me. Also, I wonder if Edelbrock need to look into this a little more closely. Maybe, there are some cars out there where the CARB tune has it's issues, but not with others, which feedback from owners would suggest.
Your issues sound similar to mine but I don't think I have issues with idle(at least I don't think, I honestly know 0 about cars lmao). I am using shell 93 in Florida, and I have a custom tune from a local tuner. My car is also all stock engine wise besides spec-d exhaust.
I also notice it only happens once the engine has warmed up. On short trips it doesn't do it. Only when I have been driving for about 20 minutes+
VeganGirl is offline   Reply With Quote