View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniata View Post
Still playing around with it, but with my Gilmour foam gun today when I was washing our Forester XT, I put 1 cup of Meguiars Crystal Car Wash in the container on the foam gun, then filled it the rest of the way up with water (another 4 cups). I started out on setting 2 of 5, but spent most of my time on setting 3, the middle setting. Worked pretty well, although it will take a little time to perfect my technique with the foam gun, microfiber mit, and fireman's type hose nozzle.

If turned upside down the mixture will come out of mine too, there is a hole near the top of the brass fitting that allows the soap mixture to come out if inverted, it appears to be there by design. Wasn't a problem since I never turned it upside down (except to check what would happen).
That is a LOT of soap! I've not finished off my last 64oz car wash, some turtle wax stuff, in nearly 10 years of washing between 3-4 cars at least 8 times a year each. Got a 128oz container of ONR just waiting to be opened. Should last till I'm 90 or so!
michaelahess is offline   Reply With Quote