View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 04:45 PM   #80
Drakezadrift

Drives: NC MX-5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways&Smiling View Post
The wheelbase of the twins is 101.2"... pretty long for these sorts of cars. The difference between the different KAs is minor. The newer one has better midrange. Either way, it's not a very exciting engine, which is why most turbo it or swap it.

Last I recall, the '91-'93 S13 intake camshaft had a slightly better profile for higher RPMs, though I can't remember the exact lift/duration specs. Intake cam swaps from the S13 into the S14 weren't unheard of. Regardless, the KA in stockish form was not rev happy at all with peak power occurring at about 5500rpms for KA24DE. I can understand why most people ditch it. Mid-range output was nice for daily driving though. Nevertheless, I still had fun with it with some tweaks here and there.

Gosh.. it's been years, but the fun I had with the 240sx was what really got me into this hobby. It's a pity Nissan refuses bring it back, but I can't fault them given the market for our niche cars. I'm just glad someone else finally stepped in 15 years after the 240sx last rolled off the factory floor.
Drakezadrift is offline   Reply With Quote