View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #8
ja1217

Drives: 2004 Toyota RAV-4 5M
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
The baseline runs were really promising, making 177 whp with just an exhaust. (I was told stock cars usually dyno around 165 whp on this dyno, so maybe all the track days broke in the engine well.) But the stage 2 runs were disappointing, making only 178 whp.

I'm going to take the car to the track this weekend and properly put it through its paces.
Just curious if this was this Brady's dyno at Pure Automotive Performance? If so, I'd definitely agree that the track days can help break the engine in. I dyno'd there at 181whp with stock tune, stock exhuast, and just a K&N drop in filter. Conditions were pretty much ideal that time (cool November air, much like your dyno was, I'd imagine). Dyno'd again earlier this summer when I got a tune under more humid conditions and only got 177whp stock, 185whp tuned (Delicious Tuning, still stock exhaust).

That's disappointing about only getting 2whp out of the tune and exhaust mods. I'm planning on doing similar mods this winter and hoping to get up around 200whp, but we'll have to see. Hopefully giving the car a chance to learn it will pick up some more power.

Also, you said you are taking it to the track this weekend. Are you the other FR-S signed up for Summit Point Main with NASA Mid Atlantic? If so, I'll see you there. I'll be running in Time Trials.
ja1217 is offline   Reply With Quote