View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 01:22 AM   #1
suaveflooder

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sad Day. Goodbye, my love

Yup, today was that day. I've been talking about being "responsible" for awhile and decided it was about time to practice what I preach. I think payments are crazy on a fun car (just my personal opinion, not trying to start an arguement ), so today I traded her in.

"Traded her in?" you ask. Yup. The wife and I have been talking about getting an outback for about 6 - 8 months as we plan to start a family soon, but we were a little flipped on the FRS. Only reason we wouldn't trade in the civic is we have no desire for a second car payment, and as all of you know, civics last FOREVER with no oil, no wheels, and no coolant

I was driving by the subaru dealer today and noticed a leftover '14 outback on the lot in white (my favorite color for a car hands down), and I stopped to take a look. Sales guy came out and we talked for a bit. Guy was freakin' HUGE!!! I'm talking 6'5" Come to find out he recently traded in his 450 AWD STI for a similar "family" or "responsibility" venture and got the Subaru Crosstreck.

I asked him if he was willing to run some numbers knowing that I would probably walk away because we were upsidedown on the scion. He said, "Sure!" He walk out of the room for a couple minutes and told me he would give me $21k for the FRS. DONE! That was probably more than I could get for the car off this forum.

3 hours later, the keys to the FRS were handed over and I surprised the wife with HER new car. She is very happy, and it is well deserved! I am the proud owner of her 07 civic for the time being. I did let her know that I wanted my Aston Martin within the next 10 years. She said, "You got it!"

Anyway, here she is! The wife's new DD. 2014 Subaru Outback with 95 miles on it.

This thing is HUGE compared to the FRS (duh)

And the last time I saw my little girl

suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to suaveflooder For This Useful Post:
Atropine (07-17-2014), Drift&Drag (07-17-2014), gatorbushmen (07-09-2014), illicitstylz (07-09-2014), johnb831 (07-09-2014), kthxbai (07-17-2014)