View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #21
vick

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The Toyota 86 owners manual says service is at every 15000km.
The service Handbook issued by Al Futtaim ( not Toyota ) says that sevice is every 5000 km.
I bought my 86 in Aug '12 and I raised the issue with Al Futtaim, they said that they will take up the issue internally, meaning that, I shall not be informed of the developments.
During my 5000km service I was charged AED610 like some of you.
I had to go back to Al Futtaim as I had an unequal rear camber issue and during one of the visits, I was given the service charges as attached.
Sorry, I do not know the URL of my image of the service charges, so I am unable to post it.
Anyway it is Dhs1010 for 7500km, Dhs1225 for15000km, Dhs1015 for 22500km and so on.
Even though the sevice as per the service hand book is decided by Al Futtaim, they have also mentioned "services as per owners manual" for warranty purposes.
the owners manual says that we can do some of the maitainence, like oil change and bulb replace by ourselves and have provided instructions on how to do it.
So, I'll do the 7500km service (only oil change and some fluid top ups' are required) myself and have Al Futaim do the 15000km services.
If, Al Futtaim does not honour any warranty issues, I am sure I can take them to court or the Consumer Protection forum.
I assure you guys that if you plan to take up this issue as a group or club, you can count me in.
Attached Images

vick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vick For This Useful Post:
sh4d0w (03-09-2013)