View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 01:48 PM   #1
JackRabbit

Drives: '19 Toyota 86, MT, Asphalt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New 86 shifting noises

I'm sure you get a lot of worrywarts on here seeking validation their car is ok, so thanks for humoring me on this one. I just got a new 2019 86 MT last week with 30 miles on it, and now it has 750. I'm trying my best to be careful and precise with shifting, but I'm not sure of some things:

1) The shift lever feels inconsistent. I never have problems getting into gear. But for example, on the way from neutral to 1st, sometimes the lever slips perfectly into gear with no bumps, and sometimes I feel an extra bump/click on the way, kind of like a stutter.

2) When shifting from 1st to 2nd, should I move the lever back to middle/neurtal on the way to 2nd, or just pull the lever straight down from 1 to 2? Same question with 5-6. I've been going back to neutral between every gear so far, but not double clutching it.

3) after 750 miles, I feel like shifting and clutching are making more noises than when I first got the car, but it could all be in my head. Would it be worth it to take it into the dealer for an inspection at this mileage?

I've never owned a new vehicle before, just a hand-me-down corolla and a bunch of used motorcycles, so I've never experienced break-in worries and paranoia that things are getting noisier/clunkier over time. I just want to enjoy the damn thing!! lol. Thanks for the help.

Jack
JackRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JackRabbit For This Useful Post:
JesseG (09-12-2019)