Old 09-08-2018, 11:15 AM   #623
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20kosh View Post
As someone who has been tracking the **** out of this car for 6 years straight, don't bother with sway bars. Just get a high quality coilover system. This will take care of any unwanted behavior. Sway bars are bandaids.
I have Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs, so a sway bar is a $150-200 bandaid, instead of spending 10x that price for something that might not be much better. At least, that is what a lot of people say, that $1500-$2000+ is the minimum, or it isn't worth going with coilovers, especially if all I want is a 1'' drop.

Ideally I would like magnetic suspension where I could run it soft on the street and flip a button to have it tighten up for canyons and track days.

The other ideal would be to have a traction control and VSC settings that are adjustable, instead of just on and off. Even with 265's and sticky tires, I am losing traction with aggressive driving. The traction control light is getting annoying, but I'm not about to remove all the nannies for my aggressive street driving. If a sway bar helps with control then it would be a cheap, at minimal, temporary solution.