View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 12:53 PM   #1681
Nitro22

Drives: Scion FR-S (Hot Lava)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffel View Post
Ah well, is what it is. I hesitate to call going with this kit a mistake. It's still the best put together FI kit I've seen in a while.

Some things I can recommend to anyone reading this for install or uninstall now or in the future:

- Use a different color fluid than blue in your supercharger. That way you know where to start looking when you have a leak.
- Put all hardware in plastic baggies and label them.
- Take note of what factory hoses went where, or you will be confused if you remove the supercharger.
- Dont get a fuel line popper. They suck and don't work anyway. Instead, shove a paper clip in each side of the quick correct to depress the internal tabs.
- When working with the fuel rails, connect the fuel crossover line (blue clips) to the rail first, then rotate the rail down onto the injectors. Trust me on this.
Sorry to hear the supercharger is'nt working out for ya. I've experienced the opposite with mine. No hesitation or idle problems. Throttle response and low-mid range torque is perfect for autocrossing. Delicious tune has a lot to do with this, however.

I agree most universal fuel line disconnect tools do not work well. The one I have from Company 23 is made for subaru's and works like a charm. More expensive than paper clips, but worth getting in my opinion.
Nitro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nitro22 For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (10-05-2016), mitch t (10-06-2016)