View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 12:51 PM   #3
PRKR8NGR

Drives: Oceanic FR-S
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello all,

I'm Bryan, most of you know me as Blue. But for those of you who don't know me, here is a little about myself...

Everyone calls me Blue because it's a combination of my first and last name. I moved to San Jose in August '14 to pursue a career in the parks as a Ranger. I'm sure you're thinking, have I heard "You're my boy, Blue!" or "It's Morphin' Time!" before? Yes I definitely have, several times! haha Being a Ranger I have the opportunity to drive numerous backroads between parks (Highway 9, Skyline, Metcalf, Black, Mines, etc.) which are all fun but not in a truck with tons of gear and equipment. Those roads peaked my interest in buying a car that would add excitement and thrill to them outside of work, so in January '16 I decided to bought my FR-S.

Since Southbay meets were on a hiatus when I first got my car, the first meet I went to was SF/Pen where I met @Pish. He happily welcomed me to the NorCal86 community and by the end of the meet added me to the Southbay groupchat. In Southbay, I met @Corona1994, @86FRESH, @doggieboy09, @HachiRo, @_Se7en_, to name a few. Ever since then, I have been active in Southbay and the rest of 86 community. Before @doggieboy09 left for schooling in SoCal, he added me as an admin to the Norcal86 Facebook group page and said I would be a great asset to the NorCal86 admin team in his absence. With that, I was approved by @finch1750, @Pish, and the rest of the board to reboot the Southbay meets again! I have dedicated and devoted my time to the meets and have even arrived in a Ranger truck just to say hi.

Over the last year in the FR-S/BRZ/86 NorCal community, I have:
- June '16: coordinated and led the Southbay caravan to Summer Kickoff
- June '16-present: co-coordinate with @Corona1994 in starting up the Southbay bi-weekly Wednesday meets again !
- August '16: attended 86Day at Mann Enginneering
- October '16: coordinated and led the Southbay caravan to End of Summer Celebration
- February '17: coordinated and led the Southbay caravan to a surprise birthday drive (organized by @Cjymiller)
- attended 8 SF/Pen bi-weekly Tuesday meets
- attended 5 Eastbay weekly Thursday meets
- attended 4 Dublin monthly Fridays meets
- attended ALL Southbay bi-weekly Wednesday meets
- numerous amounts of drive spontaneously planned or not

Being new to San Jose I only had a handful of friends, so finding friends in the 86 community has been great! Everyone is friendly and welcoming, all willing to help each other learn about the car, how it handles, how to install parts, the best and not the best parts, etc. A year later my knowledge of this car is still continuing to grow.

If elected as a board member, I will represent and promote NorCal86 in a positive manner and help coordinate and run all of our annual meets/events to the best of my ability. I plan to be more active on the forums. Knowing only 8,600 86's will be produced in 2017 (unknown numbers for BRZ at the moment) this makes our community very special and small. I have brainstormed some awesome ideas to spark interest in fellow FR-S/BRZ/86 drivers to come out and meet us at our bi-weekly Wednesday meets or the other region meets. I look forward to meeting and driving with all of you at the events and meets to come!

Good luck to all the board member nominees, you all are a great bunch!

Thanks,
PRKRNGR
PRKR8NGR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PRKR8NGR For This Useful Post:
86FRESH (02-13-2017), BigFatFlip (02-13-2017), edwardleeaf (02-12-2017), finch1750 (02-11-2017), HachiRo (02-11-2017), MisterSheep (02-11-2017), Pish (02-11-2017), PMok (02-12-2017), Pwolf (02-12-2017), thecarfilmer (02-11-2017), Xxyion (02-11-2017)