Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Well, OK ...... I suggest you NOT buy the same brand router twice in a row ..... rotate them.

........and quit buying cheap routers ......

Are you on cable there or are you still using dial up .......

humfrz
It's not exactly a cheap router, but compared to fancy "gamer" ones, yes it's cheap. But, the previous one worked for over a year without any issues.

We're on cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
Do they have open source firmware for your router?

I have a Linksys WRT3200ACM and even with the stock firmware it's alright no issues. Had to read thru some forum postings to get it stable tho.
No open source firmware AFAIK, but I put a beta version on it, and it seems to be working better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x808drifter View Post
Possible solution.
You get an upgrade in internet speeds?

When I changed ISP's a few years ago we had run into a problem with overloading the router itself.

We were asking it to do too much at once and it was making us have to reset the router multiple times a day.

Got a better one and havent had a problem since.
Funny part was it's the ISP's modem/router.
No upgrade, other than moving from my girlfriend's old place (with a whopping 0.8mbps speed) to our new place (7mbps).

From what I read today, it does seem like the router is being overloaded, as someone was having very similar issues to me. Turns out that it's the 5GHz band that's the issue. The chipset seems to not like higher speeds on 5GHz, so after I turned that off (or maybe it was the different firmware version) things have been alright, but time will tell.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
humfrz (12-01-2017)