View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #599
spitz

Drives: '13 SWP BRZ-L
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Took my CARB JR SC'ed BRZ out to Laguna Seca this past Friday for the first time, holy sh*t it was fun!

I purchased the kit mainly for street - and I have to admit I got a little trigger happy and haven't upgraded the stock suspension. I always felt the OEM suspension worked real well.

I only got two sessions in, as my Project Mu HC 800 brake pads ran low to the metal (shame on me for not inspecting this). It almost seemed like I had to change my whole driving style to utilize the potential of the kit. It could have been just my lack of seat time with the kit or the fact my brake pads were next to dead, but I felt like the car had a lack of grip and would almost have a 'lifted' feel through corners. Is it possible the SC is overpowering the stock suspension? Obviously a different approach to modulating the gas was required due to the newly found power, but settling the car was a bit of a challenge for me. As stated above, I'm on stock suspension. Tires are BF Goodrich Rivals (17x8 RPF1's). Again, probably just me not having enough seat time or me never haven driven a boosted car at the track (driven only NA cars - 240Z, Exige, Miata, M3).

Has anyone driven with the SC on an otherwise completely stock suspension'ed car (with brake pad and tire upgrades) at the track? I can't recall whether CSG's car already had their suspension setup when they put the kit on their car. I'm curious as to how you felt the car w/ the kit performed.

Last edited by spitz; 06-23-2014 at 07:09 PM.
spitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spitz For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (06-24-2014), CxG (04-03-2018), WoOosOn (06-23-2014), Xerious (06-24-2014)