View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 10:57 PM   #3
mjanmohammad

Drives: Boosted 2017 BRZ PP. GT2860RS, JDL.
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyehigh55 View Post
Hi guys, new enthusiast to the forum here. Just bought a brand new manual 2017 Pure Red BRZ with PP in late May 2018. This is my first car (got my license a week before buying the car) and this 22 year old is loving it so far. It's perfect for Northwest driving.

Just broke 1,000 miles last week and was planning ahead for the future of this car. I've researched a lot of header-back setups in this forum and finally wanted to post questions I had.

I initially wanted the MXP Comp RS Ti CBE (those burnt tips tho) until I heard it's almost as loud as the Invidia N1 with any further modification to it (I really don't like unnecessarily loud exhaust systems. My brother's 04' STI is loud enough for me...) I researched more tame systems and found out about the Perrin 2.5" and 3" CBE. Lucky for me, I live in Portland, Oregon and they're just a couple minutes away.

I am going to go F.I down the road eventually (3 or 4 years from now after warranty is up) and have settled on getting the resonated Perrin 3" CBE system with full JDL Catted UEL headers, 3" OP/UQFP with dual resonators.

My question is will this set-up be moderately loud or obnoxiously loud? My goal is to have a moderate mature sounding exhaust, definitely not anything ridiculously loud/raspy. I am planning on buying the parts individually besides the OP/FP combo throughout the years to build the car as I age with it.

Any tips and input would greatly be appreciated!

Instagram is my username too would love to follow some fellow drivers!

I had the Perrin 2.5" with a full 2.5" catless exhaust and UEL catless headers. It was loud, but sounded fantastic. It did piss some people at my apartment complex off when I started up in the mornings. Post turbo, the Perrin was too quiet so I got a Dezod 2.5" catback to match the JDL turbo kit.

If you don't want to be obnoxious, the Perrin 2.5" is perfect while naturally aspirated, and slightly louder than OEM after turbo.