Old 02-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #35
Ninjin

Drives: SWP BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayau View Post
Preface: I no engineering background.

I get that you're basically trying to develop a model of the car's suspension. Once you have this created, what kind of information can we learn from this? How does this benefit the owners of these cars?

If I'm understanding this correctly, you're using a simplified version of this car (model) in order to get a better understanding of this car's vehicle dynamics, correct?
I suspect that many people will find many different uses for a suspension model. I know that this information is really beneficial to me as I try to input the correct variables into this suspension dynamics calculator. It should be useful in finding theoretically ideal spring rates and damper settings (either through re-valving or adjustments), among other things that will maximize the car's potential grip and performance.

Unfortunately, the accuracy of that data will be limited by the accuracy of the inputs, and most of the input data can only be determined from having a very precise model of the car's suspension. (And fancy software )
Ninjin is offline   Reply With Quote