Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Thanked 2,099 Times in 834 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsspat View Post
It's hard to describe in words what the glitch is, so here's a slightly exaggerated illustration.

First image is the expected normal behavior. Turn ON-OFF-ON-OFF...
Second image is what I experience, and only sometimes. It's pretty sutble. Some people might not even notice it.

Anyway, nothing against TapTurn. I think it's a cool device. Mine is like first gen, so the only features it has are the tap turn (3-6 blinks), slow hazards, and wig-wag hazards. No approach lights, no strobes, etc. Of all these, tap turn is the only thing useful in real life, but I'll survive without it. I did for multiple decades, after all. LOL
I am insanely OCD, so I can promise you I would have noticed that. It's definitely a problem that has either been resolved, or was perhaps the result of a defective unit you have. I wasn't sure how useful some of the features would be, but I've actually found them quite useful. The approach and departure lighting is actually really useful at night. I've used the wig wags when I was the first person on an accident scene and had to block the leftmost line so someone didn't t-bone the crashed car. The strobed hazards I like (along with strobed lock/unlock) because they draw a bit more attention to the car.

Your writeup is really, cool by the way. As an engineer, I like the initiative you took to get what you want. I'd probably try this if Tap Turn didn't exist!
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stang70Fastback For This Useful Post:
catsspat (01-06-2017)