View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #6
catsspat

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang70Fastback View Post
I haven't had any of the issues you described with my Tap Turn module. IMHO, all the added features you get more than justify the loss of dead bulb detection. If you run LED bulbs, and install them properly (and they aren't cheap Ebay bulbs) you shouldn't really have to worry about dead bulbs anyway. Besides, I have approach and departure lighting enabled on my Tap Turn module, which turns my signals on solid for 60 seconds when I lock or unlock the car, so I see them pretty regularly anyway.
It's hard to describe in words what the glitch is, so here's a slightly exaggerated illustration.

First image is the expected normal behavior. Turn ON-OFF-ON-OFF...
Second image is what I experience, and only sometimes. It's pretty sutble. Some people might not even notice it.

Anyway, nothing against TapTurn. I think it's a cool device. Mine is like first gen, so the only features it has are the tap turn (3-6 blinks), slow hazards, and wig-wag hazards. No approach lights, no strobes, etc. Of all these, tap turn is the only thing useful in real life, but I'll survive without it. I did for multiple decades, after all. LOL
Attached Images

catsspat is offline   Reply With Quote