View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 12:18 PM   #511
npavlo

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I avoid ANYTHING that isn't willing to have a price posted up front.. I'll stick with the DIY arduino when I do a swap that requires canbus functionality...

Jaden
Jaden,

Sorry for this late reply. I only have time to pop onto forums occasionally.

This is very common for ECU manufacturers to not post prices. Can you find the price online for a Mclaren ECU directly? Life Racing? Bosch Motorsport?

One answer to why this is is because these ECUs are distributed internationally the pricing can vary due to exchange rates. There are also varying shipping charges. By not posting prices, it eliminates people from price shopping dealers for the cheapest price.

If you are really serious about engine control solutions, then feel free to contact a dealer directly and we can help you. These are not simple plug in solutions, so one quote is never the same anyways.

I will say that generally if shopping for the cheapest solution, rarely is that the best (or even good) solution. The Emtron ECU system is very comprehensive configuration wise. Some CAN integration is just a small taste of what this ECU can do.