Old 12-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
yospeed

Drives: Coming Soon
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Scion FR-S Center Console Plaque - Yospeed

Scion FR-S Center Console Plaque

MSRP: $19.95

Enter: "FT86CLUB" to get free shipping within the US!

Thank you to everyone out there who took a chance on me and who still loves their plaque as much as I loved making it.

Link:
Center Console Plaque

About:

Like most of our products, we've chosen a solid piece of 6061-T651 billet aluminum as the base for the center console inserts. This grade of aluminum is chosen due to it's light weight, tensile strength, and ideal machining properties. They're fixtured and machined in CNC mill where the excess material is whittled away until all that is left is the shape you see below.

Once the sills are machined, they are hand brushed to a create fine metallic finish. After the finish is applied, the plaques return to the CNC mill for the engraving process where several standard designs can be machined. This process exposes the material below the surface, creating a lustrous bright inlay for the design.

After the plaques are engraved, 3M automotive grade adhesive is applied to the rear for application. This allows for easy installation as well as easy removal, should the owner decide to return the car to stock condition for sale or other reasons.

Shipping:

We're a small company. This means we can do a lot of things bigger company's can't because we're less encumbered. But that also means we don't possess the infrastructure that they do. In order to create an environment where we can produce high quality products at the lowest cost possible, all of our products are made to order. This means we have many partially complete products, and once they're ordered, the work in progress is completed to the specifications of the customer upon the placement of their order. TL;DR We don't make it 'till you order it!

That means when you place an order, it will be machined the weekend after the order is placed, and will ship out the following Monday.

For example: If an order is placed Friday, that order is processed and machined Saturday, then mailed out the following Monday.

Another example: If an order is placed on Sunday, that order is processed and machined the following Saturday, then mailed out Monday.

It can be confusing, so if at any time you need to talk to somebody about your order or need to know what the status of your order is, feel free to e-mail me: davidyonehara@yospeed.com

Installation:

Application is simple and intuitive for anyone who has basic experience modifying cars. I could create some detailed explanation, but all it is for these is peel and stick. Apply pressure for 30 seconds to make sure the adhesive has bonded properly and you're done!

Removal:

Removal should be quick and cause no harm to the plastic surface if done properly. To remove the plaque, use a heat gun or blow dryer to warm the mount points. After the area has heated up, the adhesive will return to a malleable state and should peel off.

Fast Facts(TL;DR):
  • 6061-T651 Billet Aluminum Material
  • CNC Machined
  • Hand Brushed Aluminum Finish
  • Multiple engraving options
  • Personalized engraving available upon request*

I love hearing feedback from the community, so by all means post any questions or comments you may have regarding our products!

Or if you have a question about our products you can always e-mail me: davidyonehara@yospeed.com

I'll respond to PMs in as timely a manner as I can, but e-mail is definitely a faster way to reach me!

Last edited by yospeed; 12-05-2015 at 04:12 PM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to yospeed For This Useful Post:
Bonburner (12-13-2012), Brently (06-17-2013), calis5nest (12-31-2012), chanomatik (01-30-2014), D-VO (07-25-2014), danthedirt (12-04-2012), Fallen hero (12-15-2012), HotLeopardMama (04-24-2013), itsbirdy (12-31-2014), KelvinBRZ (05-30-2013), qqqqball (06-20-2015), ravenblackfrs (01-23-2013), Ricky Racer (01-16-2013), simonweisberg (06-30-2015), SoCal_86 (06-18-2013), subwaynm (12-31-2013)