View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 04:11 PM   #16
Ron B Avery

Drives: 2017 86 Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro_alltrac View Post
Finally got it. I work for Toyota so I got it through our lease program. Been on order since mid April.

A few observations from my first 30 or so miles.
1. The clutch with the damn helper spring is WAAAAY to light. Nothing like I'm used to. That spring is coming out as soon as I have a free moment. Some of you older folks will know what I mean when I say it is the equivalent of the '70 Chrysler power steering.
2. I don't think it's underpowered like a lot of people bitch about. I'm staying below 4 grand during break in and it's not bad. I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like in the higher rev band. I'm coming from a Celica All Trac that was running probably 275 HP or so. I'm pleased with what I'm seeing so far.
3. Six gear is a little notchy right now. I'm hoping that smooth's out as it breaks in. The transmission shifts great thought and the gear spacing is really close. The ratios seem to be good so far too.
4. Handling is great. I am not disappointed.

Really happy with the color too. I had only seen one or two on the road and pictures don't really do it justice.

Looking forward to more miles.

Nice, I see you have the factory accessorie lights. I was going add those to my 86, until I found out I would have to run the wiring harness for them as well.
What color is your 86?
Ron