HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,133 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
There is no official word there is not going to be an MT at some point. It was even said that they plan to grow the platform so if there isn't one in the works for initial release there could be down the line a bit.

Reading this article (Moto is one of the few internet writers I trust) you will notice Tada gives very little away about the actual specs and set up of the car. People are just putting their own thoughts in there and others are running with them.

I would be totally happy to be proven wrong by Toyota but most rumors, interviews and supposed insider information have all pointed towards no manual for the foreseeable future. Perhaps they are yanking our chains to build hype, but I would think confirming it is in development would make people want to line up with their wallets open. Sort of odd that Tada-san has somewhat contradicted himself when originally he used to talk about how vital MTs were during the 86 project while he seems a bit perplexed every time he gets questioned about its importance in the Supra.

As far as the specs, you're right it isn't official but from knowing the new Z4's official stats think we can make a safe bet it should be comparable. I can't imagine BMW would let Toyota have a tremendous performance advantage in the Supra especially with the supposed new engine variant.
The Following User Says Thank You to HKz For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (07-31-2018)