strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDaddysBBQ View Post
I'm a bit worried about further dialing out oversteer. I'm enjoying getting better at autoX and building the car to be better too, but i'm not yet to the place where i need it to be as competitive as possible, and I want the car to still feel playful. As my only car, it's a balance. Someday it won't be my DD and i'll make it more focused, but for now I like the tail a bit happy!
There should be lots of ways to achieve that, sway bars were already mentioned but I found alignment can give one end of the car waay more grip than the other.

Do you have camber bolts+plates and rear LCA's yet? If not, camber up front can unlock a lot more grip when you get up and over -2.5 degrees imo, if you leave the rears at the factory -1.5 or so it should keep the car very playful.

I ran my car totally OE except for camber bolts+plates up front for a few months and when I got it just right it felt straight up magic. That's kind of why I'm a bit excited about this setup, seems like exactly like what I want, a little lower, a little stiffer, great damping, full alignment, and swaybars to tune past that and done.

strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote