View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 07:54 AM   #128
instrument_guy

Drives: 2016 BRZ Sport-Tech 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
Funny I had a 2013 BRZ Limited when they came out and then needed more room and traded in for a 15 WRX when those came out. Fast forward a few years and I have a 17 Focus RS. 7K miles into the car I love it. I can fit my whole family in the car in a pinch (my wife drives an 18 Odyssey). I live in New England so it's perfect for all weather with just a simple tire swap.

But I may change jobs in a few months which will mean a longer commute. I'm contemplating grabbing a used FT86 as both a project car as well as something I can drive 2-3 days a week to work. You can find low low mileage nice ones for under $20K which is real bargain for what these cars are.

Also thinking about a Miata and 370Z but my heart always goes back to the FT86.

I just bought a 2016 brz as a daily to keep my truck from getting miled out. We have a 16 focus rs that my wife daily drives. The brz definitely has a more comfy ride than the focus and gets better gas mileage. I put some Continental winter tires on the brz and it get around fine up here in the winter. My other summer car is an fd rx7. The reason i bought the brz was i wanted a light weight (hence no 370z) front engine, rear drive car that could somewhat parallel the driving experience of the rx7. Plus, the brz has ac, a radio, heated seats and power steering. The price of a pre-owned one sealed the deal for me. Ive only had mine a couple of weeks, its a great little car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
instrument_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to instrument_guy For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (02-18-2019)