View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 12:12 AM   #28
Tech

Drives: White MT GT86 with TRD extras
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatStig View Post
@Tech I'm just curious about the radio mounted below the HVAC controls. I haven't looked under there in quite some time. Was it simple to do? Thanks!
@BatStig. Happy to answer any questions.

Once I fitted the gauges I had no stereo and wasn't going to bother. However that little one was very cheap from a local auto store. You have to go for one that does not have a CD player as the room available once you pull out the little plastic compartment thingie, is not a lot!

This one is a radio and will play MP3's from a USB stick. You can get ones with Bluetooth as well. It serves my purpose, but to answer your question umm, no not easy to fit. The problem is there is not really any access behind the unit to secure the stereo in properly. It all functions, but it can work it's way out of the space due to not being secured in very well. The gear shift gets in the way of all the controls so not user friendly in that spot.

As I don't use it very much, it's not much of a concern to me. However it's not something I would recommend others to do. TBH I use the USB socket on it to charge my phone more than anything else.

I have seen others mount the gauges in the facia panel on the passenger side and keep their strereo. That makes the gauges too far away for my liking.

I decided that the gauges are more important to me than music.

Last edited by Tech; 04-16-2016 at 05:03 AM.
Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tech For This Useful Post:
BatStig (04-16-2016)