View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 10:38 AM   #942
Rybot

Drives: Subaru BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowReaper View Post
Would you be so kind to tell me the sciences on why I would need injectors for this kit if I'm staying on pump gas?
You don't NEED injectors, but there are benefits to using aftermarket ones.

Keep in mind I'm still on the stock fuel system, but will probably upgrade in the future for piece of mind. (1 year with no problems so far, also only on 91 octane)

A few reasons why you might upgrade:

Less taxing on the stock injectors. According to my tuner, to get around 300ish whp, the stock injectors are pretty damn close to max duty cycle, meaning they're being run close to their fullest capacity during wot. Still workable, yes, but obviously it's detrimental to the lifespan of the stock injectors.

Tunability is another factor. If a tuner is more familiar or more eager to tune given hardware parameters, the better for the driver. Less hassle and maybe more reliable.

Oh yeah, reliability. Again, close to max duty on stock. Aftermarket ones have a bit of headroom depending on your choice, which means you're not stressing the aftermarket ones near as much and potentially will last longer.

Lastly, because upgrades. While I like the car street able, I also want to dig into relevant components so I know the system well enough to fix it in the future. I'd hate to look like a knob that installed his own turbo but had no idea where the fuel rails are and how to change out injectors should they fail.

That's all I got for ya. Sorry if that didn't clear anything up.