Old 07-10-2018, 12:57 PM   #149
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowroa View Post
I know this has been addressed before, but the power thing just bothers me.

If you talked to anyone about the 2000 Type-R, they will rave about the car (about identical).

The E90 M3 is a revered car and said it is amazing (less power).

I just don't get it. I have driven a D-Street car, and it was nice. I would like to get in a 17+ soon, and I am sure it is still nice.

As someone who has owned STis, WRXes, Foresters, and Legacys, this is the only Subaru that I still personally believe in.

I guess there just aren't as many of me as I would have liked to see?

- brian
Yup I agree - I think it has to do with the era in which these cars were born. E30 was born in an era where power didn't rule all. It is a special car very much in the same way the 86 is, not about speed, or even outright limits, but about communication and chassis feel. Same with the Type-R, well that and it really was the first car that broke the perception that front wheel drive cars were oversteering pigs. The 86 is a modern day enthusiast's car, but it's being drowned by the masses that don't understand what makes the car great.

In the end, I don't care. The fact that most people don't know what it is or get what it's about makes me feel even more part of a privileged group. Plus I love the way the thing looks - with aftermarket wheels/lowered a bit to fill the gap, it looks like a baby Aston or Maserati.
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bfrank1972 For This Useful Post:
dowroa (07-10-2018)