Live Free, Drive Hard

Drives: 13 BRZ, 19 WRX, 10 GMC, 20 RAV4
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonBLUE View Post
Write me down for group 1.
Also side note. Lol. @Extreme86 the canyons are very twisty! Hand held radios do very poor here. We didn't have many in our group last year and the lead person couldn't hear the rear 99% of the time and we were maybe 1/4 mile behind. So keep that in mind folks, watch your read view and make sure others don't fall off.
Yep. I have a headset for my GMRS radio and it helps hearing and somewhat easier to transmit.

Sometimes helps for others to repeat the message from the front down the line to the rear and guy the the rear to sound off to relay his status to the front.

Everyone might not bring radios. I have a couple of spares I'll lend to members of my group if needed.

"read view" = "rear view"

And, if there are 20 cars (or more) in a group that distance of vehicles might be way over a 1/4 of a mile. Pretty sure we'll have a brief stop at 336 @ 41 just to make sure the last car made it through that first run out of Leakey.

We typically stop on the bridge over the Nueces on 335, as well. These stops can't be long as there will be another group coming up from behind.

The other option to help avoid that timing issue is to have both clockwise and counter clockwise groups going on a staggered basis out of Leakey. Would be fun to meet another group going in the opposite direction midway through the run! We can do that - it's up to the team leaders to make that call. We'd have to do two roll charts I suppose and make that decision ahead of time of who all is going which way. I prefer 336 counter clockwise and I like 335 clockwise. Same fun for me either way. This would make for some interesting go-pro footage! It would be cool to combine all those encounter clips together! Comments? Discussion?

Hopefully, no one is confused...clockwise means going to Camp Wood out of Leaky on 337 first. Counter clockwise is heading out 336 towards Hwy 41 out of Leakey.