View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #205
Sport-Tech

Drives: TBD
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
Just curious, have you driven a GTI yet (mk6 even)? If you're expecting it to drive like a BRZ except with 100 lbs-ft additional torque, you're going to be disappointed. Very different car.
Being in NA, no I have not driven the MK7 with that trick new LSD--and given the handling transformation it bestows on the GTI according to all the reviewers, driving a MK6 isn't going to tell me much about it.

Obviously there will be differences jumping from a BRZ into a MK7, just as there were between the BRZ and the Megane in the Evo review - but the Megane won the drive-off. And there seems to be (based on those early reviews) a reasonable chance the MK7 will be as good as the Megane.

Ironically, the weakness of the MK7 from Evo's perspective may turn out to be the same as the BRZ's - it's so highly capable and stable that it is a bit boring to drive at anything less than balls-to-the-wall pace. At least it would be a more comfortable, relaxing, and refined boredom! But then again it won't have that torque deficit Evo complained about in the BRZ, so its greater power out of the corners will be an advantage... definitely not the car for the drift crowd of course.

I really wish it were here sooner, don't know if I want to wait a year for a MK7 test drive...

Last edited by Sport-Tech; 05-03-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Sport-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote