View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 01:44 PM   #26
Chikna

Drives: 2018 BRZ TS 244/500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquachulator View Post
I honestly do not like the 3 blink flasher.

Sometimes Im a slow merger and the flashing just ends before im done merging....and sometimes I need to merge more than one lane and I have to flick it like 3 times.

My old corolla didn't have it, you flick the stalk for the signals, and flicked it up to cancel.

My Honda Fit sort of had it, but you held the stock down for as long as you needed then let go.

My X1 has the 3 blink flasher, it is as advertised. BUT the other somewhat annoying quirk with these BMW's is that the stalk ALWAYS retracts to the neutral position. With the 3 blink flasher you push the stalk and let go. With a regular signal you feel the "click" and let go. So if I wanted to cancel a signal I almost always end up signalling the other way because of the 3 blink flasher.....

Honestly if you go from a car with none of these "luxury" stuff and then you get into a car with these luxury stuff...you kind of realize some of this stuff is unnecessary. Of course you get used to it but I yearn for the simpler stuff sometimes.
2018 Kia Stinger has a feature where you can set number of blinkers a great idea!
Chikna is offline   Reply With Quote