Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Well, we have access to world class food of every variety. The weather is fantastic most of the year, and not so bad at its very worst. Tons of culture like top museums and theaters. Plenty of nature to visit nearby. I live in a forest. Top jobs available. People from all over the world to talk to.

There's good and bad. Definitely slower, easier lives are available elsewhere. We're thinking of where we'd want to retire, and we've come up with staying in the current home 8 months of the year then leaving for the winter to someplace like Hawaii or Mexico. Partly it's because the micro-climate of our canyon is about 10 degrees colder than the surrounding area.

I wouldn't mind living in NYC, but the weather is only good for small parts of the year.

Different strokes I suppose....

Where I live in the Atlanta suburbs we pretty much have what you describe in terms of culture, and relatively mild winters. I also have access to the mountains in 90 minutes, the beach in 3 to 5 hours (easy weekend trip) and if I get tired of the cold I can get to South Florida on a cheap flight or drive.

As far as NYC (or the other metro places you mention), well I guess I'm just not a city dude in general so it all holds less than zero attraction to me, particularly as a place to live.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
EAGLE5 (05-25-2019), soundman98 (05-25-2019), Spuds (05-25-2019)