Old 07-28-2015, 01:20 AM   #246
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
My bet is that it CAN be done, even without making fully identically functional. To me it looks, like simply one has to spend LOT of time on comparing/measuring ranges of sensors, expected values/deltas of readings on stock header pre/after cat (if not by unavailable manufacturer data (not just on sensors, but also in ECU tables), then eg. by experiments, for example getting extremes where CEL appears almost immediately, and then choosing middle of range), and then try not blindly add just any of the shelf distancer/defouler/whatever, that will artificially reduce amount of exhaust gases passing through second sensor, to compensate them being not cleaned up by cat, but will reduce to exact required amount for reading being within expected ranges. Of course - it will mean lot of work/time spent on such secondary function instead of concentrating on main things like getting most optimum runners configuration for most performance gains, and given often insufficient available man-hours to dedicate for that one often needs to prioritise which matters most, but theoretically one should be able to customize second sensor placement even without making header 100% replica of stock construction-wise, if decided to concentrate on that.
Nope. I suggest you read up on how the ECU determines if the cat is functional, and how it uses the signals from the two O2 sensors to determine if a CEL is in order.

Your post conclusively tells me that you have ZERO clue as to how the system operates, and are purely speculating as to how you *think* it works (hint: that's not how it works).
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
bedabi (07-29-2015), KoreanJesus (11-29-2018), Spartarus (07-28-2015)