View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #83
Sideways&Smiling

Drives: AP2 S2000, S14 240sx
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
For most people if you can get over the rag top maybe even do a hard top the S2000 bought for around 18-19k just offers so much more without even having to touch anything on the car.
But once you can grab a low mileage FRS for <15k. It becomes one of the best tuner car options, definetly something I'd reconsider later on.
I finally went out and drove both the BRZ and FRS. I feel the opinions you stated in your video are pretty accurate and the same as my experience with both. The S2000 feels more edgey and special stock vs stock, but at the same time the FRS/BRZ seems like one of the best possible choices for a new car at the moment, IMO... The engine does not feel as special, and the car is a bit slower..... and has very different handling characteristics...... BUT it's fun, fairly nice inside, handles well, looks good... I found myself irrationally trying to figure out how I can get one ASAP despite already having and loving the S2000. lol

EDIT: Also want to add, I actually spun the S2000 in the rain this morning for the first time ever while driving to work after owning the car for 14-15 months now. I've always felt like people slightly over exaggerated the oversteer issue, but it actually caught me off guard this morning and was a bit scary! Fortunately, no problems other than sliding into some muddy dirt on the side of the road, but was definitely a butt-puckering experience lol
Sideways&Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote