View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 02:10 PM   #12
daskaman

Drives: Burz
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Looks to me like you do not have it bridged, which means there's 2 free channels of power on that amp. I think you want dip switch #6 down for speaker level input. All of the switches look to be in the up position in the photo. Where did you end up setting the gain? when I was using one of these I actually set it to the lowest possible position on the dial when using SKPR.
as far as cutting the tweeter out, you possibly could, with some coax speakers the wire runs along the back of speaker.. but if it was me.. I would pull them and sell them on craigs list and just get a 6.5 or 6.75 woofer. I have made this suggestion in other threads before, but the Dayton audio woofers you can find on parts express are quiet good and quite affordable. also, if you get a 4ohm woofer you can bridge the ktp-445u and upgrade from 45W/door to 90W/door, which will get you a bit of a bump in midbass presence and thump.

Find someone with an 90s era Miata and convince them they want your infinity speakers.. that's what I did with my first set of infinity 6.5 coax speakers.
First one is actually down, just photographs terribly. I will double check with speaker vs RCA switch position. Gain is what I would say about 35%-ish of its adjustment.

Looking at this one, but Im pretty sure is too deep and would need a spacer to clear
https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...4-ohm--295-198

I know actually desoldering or cutting out the tweeter is not the most ideal solution but thats what level of disappointment I was at since it was all new material for me.

Thank you for the support though!
daskaman is offline   Reply With Quote