Old 06-15-2019, 02:14 PM   #29
Greenbean

Drives: 2017 series yellow BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
ECU from a different post I made yesterday:

Motec is the top tier ECU. On top of CAN integration, it provides plenty many features and advanced customizations like incredibly effective traction control.

You have to sit down and think what things you NEED/WANT. If you need full CAN integration, ease of swap with the wiring figured out with a plug an play harness, go with the Pure Motec package. I have it and can attest to the Motec and plug and play features and can also confirm Pure stands by their product 100% and will be there to support you.

I've seen firsthand Element Tuning "plug and play" package with full CAN integration and it was a nightmare. Wires that did not reach the sensors, open wires that needed to be custom routed and plugs added to have basic features working and not enough inputs for critical stuff like, idle control on a cable throttle.

Yes, the Motec package is expensive. It will just depend on what value you put on almost limitless features, full CAN integration and the advantage of painfree wiring which can become a big task on a swap depending on what other option you decide to go with and how comfortable you/your shop is with wiring.

To me, after going through a swap, the extra cost as well worth it. Of course, some people don't need all the stuff Motec provides (track only car for example) and are comfortable with wiring. In those cases, it's harder to justify.

V160 or CD009 you will need to modify the trans tunnel. I believe either will land pretty close to stock location with the right adapters. You'd need to contact FBM for it. I believe Pure might also sell a conversion kit specific to the FRS?

In general, to keep proper brake bias, you want to got with a brake kit designed for the twins.
I agree that motec is good but it’s way more options with emtron and way better for the price, all factory functions can be kept with emtron as well. Motec is a little over rated imo.